"When the Churches of Rome and Constantinople lost communion with one another, attempts to reunite proved unsuccessful for various reasons, but there was a desire to regain unity. The Transcarpathian region of central Europe stands at the border of East and West and in 1646, Orthodox Christians in the Austro-Hungarian Empire re-established communion with Rome."
"The Holy Protection of Mary Eparchy of Phoenix serves the western United States with the mission of passing on our Eastern Christian faith and the Byzantine Tradition lived in full communion with the Church of Rome."
"Founded by immigrants from the Transcarpathian region whose ancestors received the Gospel message in their native tongue, our Church following this legacy began celebrating the liturgical services in English, opening the doors to anyone drawn to Byzantine liturgy, theology and spirituality. As a result, the 19 parishes and multiple missions from Anchorage to San Diego along the Coast, stretching as far east as Denver and everywhere in between are today comprised of faithful, some are descendants of those original immigrants and many are pilgrims to the Byzantine Catholic Church. They may be from a Roman Catholic background, or converts from Protestantism or have no previous religious affiliation at all, but that which unites them is a love for the Byzantine Catholic faith handed down from the Apostles to Saints Cyril and Methodius and to our Bishops today. We, the spiritual descendants of the missionary efforts of Saints Cyril and Methodius, the Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix, strive to again and again turn our hearts and the hearts of our neighbors in the Western us to Christ our God who enlightens, saves and renews the whole world."