The Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix Department of Evangelization and Religious Education hosts a series of online adult education classes. There will be a series of talks on Tuesdays and standalone courses on some Thursdays. Anyone with a computer, phone or tablet can attend via online conference technology. See the link below to Register for the event so you can receive connection details and reminders. Courses are completely free! Spread the word, please share with friends, family, regardless if they are Eastern Catholics or not!
All adult education classes are taught by the Clergy of the Eparchy of Phoenix, for free through the Fuze online platform. Fuze which is an online webinar system which allows for video and audio sharing on Windows, Mac or ISO devices, or calling in through a toll-free phone. Once you have filled out the online registration form you will receive an email welcome letter. On the day of the class you will receive an email with login information for Fuze. Classes are from 7:00-8:00pm Pacific Timezone (8:00-9:00 Mountain, 10:00-11:00 Eastern). All courses will be recorded and posted to our YouTube channel some time after each session. Click here to listen to previous recordings on our website.
After registering you will receive an email from Deacon Basil with the Fuze links and technical support evenings.
The following are a list of the classes that were taught in Spring of 2017. Stay tuned for information about upcoming classes.
Tuesday Night Ongoing Classes:
- Catechesis of the Divine Liturgy 2/21 - 3/28 • Fr. David Petras
- Iconography 5/9 - 5/30 • Deacon Benjamin Crow
Thursday Night Stand Alone Talks:
- Sunday of Orthodoxy 3/2 • Fr. Michael O’Loughlin
- Sunday Of St. Gregory Palamas 3/9 • Fr. Francis Vivona
- Sunday of St. John of the Ladder 3/16 • Fr. Joseph Wargacki
- Sunday of St. Mary of Egypt 3/23 • Fr. Stephen Casmus
- Flowry Sunday 4/6 • Deacon Adam Lowe
- Preparing for Ascension 4/27 • Subdeacon Joel Barstad
- Reflections on Marriage from Byzantine Sources 5/11 • Seminarian J. Andrew Deane
- Ascension and Pentecost 5/25 • Deacon John Montalvo III
For Questions please email Deacon Basil at firstname.lastname@example.org